Vested Ventures, Inc. (AKA Vested Ventures
") is pleased to provide you its non-mobile downloadable search applications including browser extensions/add-ons which are installed on your computer (each, a "VV Product
", and collectively, the "VV Products
"). PLEASE READ THIS END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING ANY VV PRODUCTS
, for this End-User License Agreement governs your use of the VV Products and how we provide our VV Products. We have recently updated our policies and we are in the process of translating it into several languages. If you do not have an appropriate language option and you have any questions please contact us via the methods described below.
This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you and Vested Ventures, Inc. (AKA "Vested Ventures
" or "our
") for the VV Products. By installing or otherwise using the VV Products, you: (a) agree to be bounded by the terms of this EULA, (b) you are the owner or an authorized user of the computer or mobile device in which the VV Product will be installed, and (c) you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this agreement and to abide by all its terms and conditions, just as if you had signed it. The terms of this EULA also applies to any VV Product updates, supplements, and services. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, do not install or use the VV Products
. Vested Ventures may amend these terms from time to time. If you do not agree with any amendment, you must discontinue using the VV Products
Vested Ventures may acquire or develop new VV Products from time to time that require additional end user license terms. In such case, we may add these additional provisions in a product specific annex or section that will only apply to such new VV Product and will not vary the terms of this EULA in relation to your use of existing VV Products (and, as such, we will not be required to notify you of such additional terms unless you also use the new VV Products).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the terms herein, please email Vested Ventures at email@example.com. Do not use the VV Products until your questions and concerns have been answered to your satisfaction and you agree to abide by the EULA.
Notice to consumers:
Depending on the laws of the jurisdiction where you live, you may have certain rights that cannot be waived through this agreement, are in addition to the terms of this agreement, and/or certain provisions of this agreement may be unenforceable as to you. To the extent that any term of this agreement is unenforceable, the remainder of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect. If you have questions regarding your rights under your local consumer protection laws, please consult with your government's consumer protection agency or a local consumer advocacy group. By downloading a VV Product, you will be installing a software application, browser extension and/or changing browser settings (e.g., to set a “new tab” or “home page” in your browser) within one or more of your Internet browsers and/or onto your computer (depending on the product). The VV Product will allow you to search the Internet, and may provide you with additional features as further described in this EULA.
During the download of a VV Product you may also be offered the opportunity to set your browser homepage, start page, new tab page and/or default search setting(s) to our search service. If you do not wish to reset your setting(s), you can choose not to install the VV Product (for example “new tab” or “home page” products); for certain other applications (e.g., “toolbar” applications that include settings changes such as default search) you may be able to install the application but decline or opt-out of one or more setting(s) changes (e.g., by checking or unchecking the appropriate checkbox during the download process). Certain search features, as well as other non-search-related features may be customized by you. Use of such features and settings, including our new tab and home pages, is additionally subject to our Terms of Service
, which are hereby incorporated into this EULA by reference.
You must be 13 years of age or older to install or to use the VV Products (unless you resident in the EEA, in which you must be 16)
- Age Requirement
. If you are at least 13 (or 16 in the EEA) but not yet 18 years of age, please have your parent or legal guardian review this EULA with you, discuss any questions you might have, and install the VV Products for you.
NOTICE TO PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
: By granting your child permission to download and access a VV Product, you agree to the terms of this EULA on behalf of your child. You are responsible for exercising supervision over your children's online activities. If you do not agree to this EULA, do not let your child use the VV Products or associated features. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 (or 16 in the EEA) and believe that he or she is using the VV Products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grant of License
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this EULA, Vested Ventures grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license, to access, download and install the most current generally available version of the VV Products (including all updates thereto) solely for your lawful, personal, and non-commercial use.
- Description of Other Rights and Limitations
- A) Restricted Use. You may not rent, sell, lease, sublicense, distribute, assign, copy (other than a single copy for your own backup purposes), or in any way transfer the VV Products or use the VV Products for the benefit of any third party. You may not install the VV Products on any computer without permission from the owner of that computer. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic or manual device or process to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the VV Products, except to remove our VV Products from a computer of which you are an owner or authorized user. You may not violate or attempt to violate the security of our services. You may not modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any VV Products, or attempt to do so for any reason. You may not access, create or modify the source code of any VV Products in any way. You do not have the right to and may not create derivative works of any VV Products. All modifications or enhancements to an VV Products remain the sole property of Vested Ventures.
- B) VV Products Updates. We reserve the right to add or remove features or functions to existing VV Products. When installed on your computer, the VV Products periodically communicates with our servers. We may require the updating of the VV Products on your computer when we release a new version of the VV Products, or when we make new features available. This update may occur automatically or upon prior notice to you, and may occur all at once or over multiple sessions. You understand that we may require your review and acceptance of our then-current EULA before you will be permitted to use any subsequent versions of the VV Products. You acknowledge and agree that we have no obligation to make available to you any subsequent versions of the VV Products.
- C) Mobile Usage. If you access an VV Product through a mobile network, your network or roaming provider's messaging, data and other rates and fees may apply. Downloading, installing or using certain VV Products may be prohibited or restricted by your network provider and not all VV Products may work with your network provider or device.
- VV Product Functionality
VV Products allow you to enjoy various features, functionalities and services, which may change from time to time (collectively, the "VV Product Functions
"). The VV Product Services are provided by Vested Ventures and third party suppliers who offer content and services in conjunction with or through an VV Product (the ""Third Party Partners
"). The VV Product Functions may be provided via your desktop, within your browser (which may include both your active browser and any other compatible Internet browser(s) resident on your computer), or within separate browser windows displayed over or under your principal browser window or by other means. VV Products Functions may provide you with Internet search functionalities (for example, via a search box located within the VV Product itself), the ability to reset your homepage, start page and/or tab page, the ability to reset your browser default search setting (thereby allowing you access to our Internet set features via your browser's address bar, omnibox and/or chrome search box), and/or links to other Vested Ventures products or websites.
- Third-Party Partners
- A) Third-Party Services and Content. The VV Products may integrate, be integrated into, bundled, or be provided in connection with third-party services, feeds and/or content. If you are installing an VV Product that includes third party services and third party content, such services and content are subject to such third party's terms of services and privacy policies, which may be found on the relevant Third Party Partner's website. VV Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources. Vested Ventures has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that Vested Ventures is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse nor is responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Vested Ventures shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content (as defined below), goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- B) Access to Third-Party Services and Content through VV Products.. All services, feeds and content, including without limitation, all data, links, articles, graphic or video messages and all information, text, software, music, sound, graphics or other materials ("Content") made available or accessible through a VV Product, whether publicly available or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the entity or person from whom it originated. You hereby acknowledge and agree that by using an VV Product you may be exposed to Content that may be offensive, indecent or objectionable in your community. You agree to accept all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content. Under no circumstances will Vested Ventures be liable in any way for any Content created by or originating with entities other than Vested Ventures, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such Content, or for loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the transmission or posting of such Content by means of an VV Product.
We have security measures in place that are designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to information we collect online through our VV Products. We utilize both industry and proprietary standards to preserve the confidentiality of information. We seek to limit access to our users' information to employees who we believe reasonably need access to that information to provide products or services to you or in order to perform their jobs. Unfortunately, no security system can be 100% secure; accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that we collect online.
- Registration and Passwords
- A) Registration. Most VV Products will not require a registration: however, some VV Products may permit or require you to create an account to participate or access additional features or functionalities ("Registration"). If such Registration is required, it will be made known to you when you attempt to participate or access such additional features or functionalities, associate website or specific service. Any registration required by a Third Party Partner is not governed by this EULA and you should refer to the relevant Third Party Partner's website for their policies.
- B) Passwords. You are the sole and exclusive guardian of any password and ID combination issued or chosen by to you. Maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Password(s) and ID(s) is solely your responsibility. You are fully responsible for all transactions undertaken by means of any account opened, held, accessed or used via your password and ID. You shall notify us immediately and confirm in writing any unauthorized use of accounts or any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft or unauthorized use of your password(s), and/or ID(s) or any related account. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the security of your Password and/or ID has been compromised, we may suspend or terminate your account, refuse any and all current or future use of the services, and pursue any appropriate legal remedies. We shall not be responsible for any losses incurred in connection with any misuse of any Password or ID.
- C) Provided Information. If you provide any information in connection with a Registration, you must provide and maintain accurate, complete and current information. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that your information is inaccurate, not current or not complete, we may suspend or terminate your use of the VV Product, and pursue any appropriate legal remedies. You agree that we shall have the right to use the information you provide to us for the purposes described in this EULA and in furtherance of your use of our services.
- Un-install/Removal of a VV Product
You can easily uninstall a VV Product by either: (1) following the steps described in Windows Add/Remove programs dialog found in the control panel, or (2) clicking on the "help" or "setting" button within the VV Product and following the steps to "uninstall".
, which are incorporated into this EULA and which set out the practices concerning the information processed by Vested Ventures, Inc.
- Intellectual Property
The VV Products, including all code, content, protocols, software, and documentation provided to you by Vested Ventures are Vested Ventures' property or the property of Vested Ventures' licensors, and are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademarks, patents and other proprietary rights and laws relating to Intellectual Property Rights. "Intellectual Property Rights
" means, collectively, rights under patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret laws, and any other intellectual property or proprietary rights recognized in any country or jurisdiction worldwide, including, without limitation, moral or similar rights. You may not delete, alter, or remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice we have placed on the VV Products. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved to Licensor and its licensors.
The Vested Ventures name, logos and affiliated properties, are the exclusive property of Vested Ventures, Inc. All other trademarks appearing on any VV Product are trademarks of their respective owners. Our partners or service providers may also have additional proprietary rights in the content which they make available through an VV Product. The trade names, trademarks and service marks owned by us, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained in herein should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any of our trade names, trademarks or service marks without our express prior written consent.
- A) Copyright Protection of content you display using our services. You are solely responsible for any Content you contribute, submit or display on or through your use of the VV Product(s). It is your obligation to ensure that such content, including photos, text, video and music files, is not violating any copyright. You must either own or have a license to use any copyrighted content that you contribute, submit or display.
- B) Vested Ventures respects and expects its users to respect the rights of copyright holders. On notice, Vested Ventures will act appropriately to remove content that infringes the copyright rights of others. Vested Ventures reserves the right to disable the access to VV Products or other services by anyone who uses them to repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe a VV Product, or elements, infringe your copyright rights, Please contact Vested Ventures, Inc.'s Copyright Agent at: Vested Ventures, Inc. 92 Richmond Avenue, Suite 300 Buffalo, NY 14222 ATTN: Copyright Agent email: email@example.com Please ensure your communication includes the following:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- C) Objectionable Content. Vested Ventures may also act to remove Objectionable Content. The decision to remove Objectionable Content shall be made at Vested Ventures' sole discretion. "Objectionable Content" includes, but is not limited to:
- Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, or libelous
- Content that is hateful, or advocates hate crimes, harm or violence against a person or group
- Content that may harm minors in any way
- Content that has the goal or effect of "stalking" or otherwise harassing another
- Private information about any individual such as phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers or any other information that is invasive of another's privacy
- Content that is vulgar, offensive, obscene or pornographic
- Unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation
- Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- D) Ownership of Content You Submit. Unless otherwise set forth at the point of submission, you retain ownership of all rights in any Content that you submit, through the use of the Website. However, you grant us permission to use such Content in any way we see fit, for instance for the purposes of marketing and/or promotion of the Services. If, at our request, you send content (such as contest submissions, polling questions) or you send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, or other information (collectively, the "Submissions"), such Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Vested Ventures. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Vested Ventures, and Vested Ventures shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, Vested Ventures shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the Submissions of every kind and nature throughout the universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
- E) Repeat Infringer Policy. Vested Ventures will terminate a user's access to a VV Product(s) if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- F) No Intended Third Party Beneficiaries. No third party is an intended beneficiary of this License.
You understand that Vested Ventures, in its sole discretion, may modify or discontinue or suspend your right to access any of our services or use of any VV Products at any time. Further, Vested Ventures, with or without any reason, may at any time suspend or terminate any license hereunder and disable the VV Products or any of its component features. You agree that Vested Ventures shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or disabling of the VV Products.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
ALL VV PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS
" AND "AS AVAILABLE
" BASIS, AND YOU USE THEM AT YOUR SOLE RISK. VESTED VENTURES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY ARISING UNDER THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE, USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF CONDUCT OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, VESTED VENTURES MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE VV PRODUCT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THEY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE VV PRODUCTS WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR THAT THE QUALITY OF THE VV PRODUCT OBTAINED WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF AN VV PRODUCT REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU.
VESTED VENTURES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTY PARTNERS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU INSOFAR AS THEY RELATE TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT VESTED VENTURES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF VESTED VENTURES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE VV PRODUCT; (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (III) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE VV PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL VESTED VENTURES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING AN VV PRODUCT.
IF ANY OF THE EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN ALL SUCH EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION FOR A PERIOD OF THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ACCESS THE VV PRODUCT, AND NO WARRANTIES SHALL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS VESTED VENTURES, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND/OR COSTS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATTORNEYS' FEES) ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE VV PRODUCTS, YOUR VIOLATION OF THE EULA OR YOUR INFRINGEMENT, OR INFRINGEMENT BY ANY OTHER USER OF YOUR ACCOUNT, OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY. YOU AGREE TO IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY VESTED VENTURES OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT OR ANY OTHER BREACH OF SECURITY KNOWN TO YOU.
- Export Controls
The VV Products and the underlying information and technology may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has currently embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the VV Product, you agree to the foregoing and you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list, and that you will otherwise comply with all applicable export control laws.
- Notice to Government End Users
Any VV Products installed for or on behalf of the United States of America, its agencies and/or instrumentalities ("U.S. Government"), is provided with Restricted Rights as "commercial Items," as that terms is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation 12.212 (48 C.F.R. §12.212), the U.S. Government shall have only those rights specified in the license contained herein. The U.S. Government shall not be entitled to (i) technical information that is not customarily provided to the public or to (ii) use, modify, reproduce, release, perform, display, or disclose commercial computer software or commercial computer software documentation except as specified herein. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights at 48 C.F.R. 52.227-19, as applicable.
- Governing Law and Other Miscellaneous Terms
The substantive laws of the State of New York in the United States of America, without regard to conflict of laws principles, shall govern all matters relating to or arising from this EULA, and the use (or inability to use) the VV Products. You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate State and Federal courts located in Erie County, New York, with respect to all matters arising out of or relating to this EULA.
No failure or delay by Vested Ventures in exercising any right, power or privilege under this EULA will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, power, or privilege under this EULA. If any provision of this EULA shall be found unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this EULA or our information-handling practices, or wish to review, amend or delete any personal information we are storing, please contact us by email or postal mail as follows:
Vested Ventures, Inc.
92 Richmond Avenue, Suite 300
Buffalo, NY 14222
ATTN: Copyright Agent/Legal Dept.
END OF DOCUMENT.
©2018 Vested Ventures, Inc.® All rights reserved.